Why modern environmentalism is a heathen religion:
- there is tithing (donations to Greenpeace, Earth First, etc)
- there is the notion of sin (polluting)
- there are indulgences (carbon offset credits)
- there are oracles/prophets (GW researchers) and high-priests (Al Gore, celebrities)
- they rely on indoctrination at a young age
- it is considered blasphemy to go against their "wisdom"
- all evidence is to be interpreted only in light of their unquestionable "truths"
- they are moral busybodies that want to push their views on everyone else
- people who do not strictly follow their guidelines are considered immoral
- people who publicly support opposing views are said to be possessed by evil entities (corporations)
- violence is advocated by many adherents (ELF, ALF, Earth First, etc) to promulgate their "truths"
- they say we are DOOMED FOR ETERNITY unless we listen to them
- if we go against the will of their god (Gaea), their god will punish us (hurricanes, floods, disease, searing heat)