Strange Laws Around the World
A driver who needs to turn through oncoming traffic has the right of way unless he slows down or stops.
In Antwerp it is illegal to wear a red hat and walk down the main street (Het Meyer)
· You may only have one child, or you will have to pay a fine.
· To go to college you must be intelligent.
· Drivers of power-driven vehicles who stop at pedestrian crossings are liable to a fine of up to five yen, or a warning. -Article 40 of the Beijing Traffic Laws.
· Before starting your car you are required to check lights, brakes, steering and honk your horn. Try that at 4:00am!) You also need to make a visual check to make sure there are no children underneath the car.
· If your vehicle stalls and you leave it on the side of the road, you must mark the vehicle with a red, reflecting triangle. This equipment is only mandatory when the car stalls, not at any other times, however.
· If a horse drawn carriage is trying to pass a car and the horse becomes uneasy, the owner of the car is required to pull over and if necessary, cover the car.
· Attempt to escape from prison is not illegal, however, if one he is caught he is required to serve out the remainder of his term.
· No one may start a car while someone is underneath the vehicle.
· Encrypting data files, owning, distributing etc. of encryption programs and creating such programs for any electronic medias is now against the law in Denmark due to fear for terrorists, left and right wing extremist, fundamentalists and distributors of illegal pornography.
· Headlights must be on whenever a vehicle is being operated in order to distinguish it from parked cars.
· When driving, you must have someone in front of your car with a flag to warn horse drawn carriages that a motorcar is coming.
· Any carport added to a building increases the value of the building by 15.5 times the cost of building the addition.
· There is a penalty of 20kr for not reporting when a person has died.
· Between the hours of 8AM and 8PM, 70% of music on the radio must be by French artists.
· It is illegal to kiss on railways in France.
· No pig may be addressed as Napoleon by its owner.
· It is illegal to take photos of police officers or police vehicles, even if they are just in the background
· Every office must have a view of the sky, however small.
· It is illegal to wear a mask.
· A pillow can be considered a "passive" weapon.
· Bicycles may not ridden without a license.
· Raising a pig on Israeli soil will result in the murder of said pig.
· Picking your nose on Saturday is forbidden.
· If you have been maintaining an illegal radio station for five or more years, the station becomes legal.
· It is illegal for a chicken to lay an egg on a Friday or Saturday
· It is against the law to feed animals in public places.
· It is considered an offence to operate a mobile spay/neuter clinic - it is considered peddling.
· It is forbidden to bring bears to the beach.
· No loud voices or big lights are allowed during weekends.
· The raising of Rotweiler dogs is prohibited.
It is illegal to practice the profession of being a fraud.
A man may be arrested for wearing a skirt.
Striking someone with a fist is considered a felony
Pinching a girl's bottom is not illegal
There is no age of consent
· Women who work for the government of the city of Guadalajara, may not wear miniskirts or any other "provocative" garment during office hours.
· It is illegal to shout offensive words in any public place.
· Any kind of nude artistic display is illegal.
Anyone in company with someone who possesses narcotics, even if they are unaware that their companion has them, can be tried for the same crime.
It is legal to smoke pot, buy it, or have less than 5 grams with you.
Prostitution is legal but the prostitutes must pay taxes like any other business.
You may not spay your female dog or cat. However, you may neuter the males of the species
It is illegal to kiss a stranger.
A woman may not drive a car.
It is considered an offence if a woman appears in public, unless accompanied by a male relative or guardian
It is illegal to engage in any religious practice other than Islam.
Male doctors may not examine women, and women doctors cannot examine men.
Women may not become doctors.
It is illegal to import any books featuring Christian symbols such as a cross.
From Jiddah to Riyadh there are two highways: one for Muslims, another for "infidels". If a Muslim is accompanied by an "infidel", both are required to use the highway for infidels.
· Chewing bubblegum (or any food) on the subway (the M.R.T.) may result in fines and/or jail time.
· The sale of bubblegum is prohibited.
· Homosexuals are not allowed to live in the country.
· Oral sex is illegal unless it is used as a form of foreplay.
· Pornography is illegal.
· As it is considered pornographic, you may not walk around your home nude.
· Failure to flush a public toilet after use may result in very hefty fines.
· It is considered an offence to enter the country with cigarettes.
· Cigarettes are illegal at all public places.
· It is illegal to come within 50 meters of a pedestrian crossing the street.
· If you are convicted of littering three times, you will have to clean the streets on Sundays with a bib on saying," I am a litterer." This will then be broadcasted on the local news.
· It is illegal to pee in an elevator.
· It is illegal to carry a Bible or to talk to someone about Jesus. (and I went to a Theological seminary to study pastoral counselling and teach the Bible there too!)
Traffic police are required to report all bribes that they receive from motorists.
All dogs sold for consumption (eating) must have a government approved tattoo
The eating of stray cats is illegal.
· Clothes may not be hung to dry on Sunday.
· You may not wash your car on a Sunday.
· It is considered an offence to mow your lawn on a Sunday, because it causes too much noise.
· It is illegal to flush the toilet after 10 P.M. if you live in an apartment.
· A man may not relieve himself while standing up, after 10 P.M.
· Though it is illegal to produce, store, sell and trade absinth (special alcohol), it is legal to consume it.
· It is required that every car with snow tires has to have a sticker on its dashboard which tells that the driver should not drive faster than 160 km/h with these tires.
· The highest speed allowed on national freeways is 120 km/h.
· If you forget you car-keys inside the car and you leave the car open, you will be punished.
· It is illegal to leave your house if you are not wearing underwear.
· You must wear a shirt while driving a car.
· You must pay a fine of $600 in Thailand if you're caught throwing away chewed bubble gum on the sidewalk. If you do not pay the fine, you are jailed.
· No one may step on any of the nation's currency.