Marine Corps General James Mattis - The Man Obama Is Afraid Of!
Gen. James Mattis, known to his troops as "Mad Dog Mattis," is retiring after 41 years of military service.
The Marine Corps Times is calling Mattis the "most revered Marine in a generation.
1.. "I don't lose any sleep at night over the potential for failure. I cannot even spell the word."
2.. "The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some assholes in the world that just need to be shot."
3.. "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all." (said to the Iraqi leadership)
4.. "Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they're so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact."
5.. "Marines don't know how to spell the word defeat."
6.. "Be polite, be professional but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."
7.. "The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears."
8.. "You are part of the world's most feared and trusted force. Engage your brain before you engage your weapon."
Gen. Mattis in 2006
9.. "There are hunters and there are victims. By yourdiscipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim."
10. "No war is over until the enemy says it's over. We may think it over, we may declare it over, but in fact, the enemy gets a vote."
11. "There is nothing better than getting shot at and missed. It's really great.."
12. "You cannot allow any of your people to avoid the brutal facts. If they start living in a dream world, it's going to be bad."
Gen. Mattis and Gen. Dempsey
13. "You go into Afghanistan , you got guys who slapwomen around for five years because they didn't wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them. Actually it's quite fun to fight them, you know. It's a hell of a hoot. It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right up there with you. I like brawling."
14. "I'm going to plead with you, do not cross us.
Because if you do, the survivors will write about
what we do here for 10,000 years."
15. "Demonstrate to the world there is 'No Better
Friend, No Worse Enemy' than a U.S. Marine."
16. "Fight with a happy heart and strong spirit"
And one final quote for returning Veterans...
Is anybody surprised President Obama forced this man to retire early?
In God We Trust