You're From St Louis if……
YOU'RE FROM ST. LOUIS IF:
1. You love toasted ravioli with Budweiser beer.
2. You can find Pestalozzi Street by aroma alone.
3. You can get anywhere in 20 minutes.
4. You've seen all the biggest bands ten years AFTER they were popular.
5. You can debate for 30 minutes whether Missouri Baking or Marge Amighetti
makes the best Italian bread. (it's Amighetti's!)
6. You know what "Party Cove" is.
7. You still can't believe the Arena is gone.
8. Your non-St. Louisan friends always ask if you're aware there is no "r" in "wash."
9. You know at least one person who's gotten hurt at Johnson Shut-ins.
10. You know in your heart that Mizzou can beat Nebraska in football.
11. You end your sentences with an unnecessary preposition. Example: "Where's my coat at?"
12. You think the four major food groups are beef, pork, Budweiser and Imo's
13. You've had to switch from heat to AC in the same day.
14. You know there are really only three salad dressings: Imo's, Zia's and
Rich and Charlie's.
15. You'll pay for your kid to go to college unless they want to go to KU.
16. You can't think of anything better than sitting on the porch, in the
summer, during a thunderstorm.
17. It just doesn't seem like a wedding without mosticiolli.
AND YOU PRONOUNCE IT 'MUSKACIOLLI'
18. You know, within a three-mile radius, where another St. Louisan grew up as
soon as they open their mouth.
19. You know what a pork steak is...and what kind of sauce to put on it!
20. You have to know what high school everyone went to.
21. Everyone in your family has floated the Meramec River at least once.
22. You know that a Hoosier is not from Indiana. They're from just South of Chouteau.
23. You've ever said, "It's not the heat, it's the humidity."
24. Your favorite summer treat is handed to you upside-down.
25. You bleed Blue between September and May! (The rest of the time it's Red, of course.)
Disclaimer: We do our best to avoid copyrighted material. If anything on this site has been copyrighted by you,
please contact us so we can remove it or give you credit!