You Know you're From Pittsburgh When..
YOU KNOW YOU ARE FROM PITTSBURGH WHEN......
1. You walk carefully when it is "slippy" outside.
2. You often go down to the "crick"
3 You have to "red up" before company comes over
4. You've ever gotten hurt by falling into a "jaggerbush"
5. You know that Ahia is a river, a boulevard, and a state.
6. You've ever "warched" or "wershed" the laundry.
7. You know where Beer Falls is.(beaver falls)
8. Mr Webster is wrong. You know full well that "ain't” is correct English.
9. You know you can't drive too fast of back roads, cause-udda-deer.
10. "Gumbands" .... need i say more?
11. You've ever drank and "arn"
12. You've ever told someone to "quit jaggin around"
13. You know that Clinton, Monaca, and Beaver, are actually names of towns.
14. You've called someone a "jaggoff".
15. You hear you guyses" or "yins" and don't look twice.
16. You know the 3 rivers by name and can pronounce them correctly, but refer to the as ... da Mon, da Al, and da O.
17. You hate Cleveland although you've never been there.
18. You know where KerNEGgy is and you like his museum and "liberries".
19. You drink "pop", eat "hogies" "pierogies" and "gyros"(jy-rows).
20. You drink Melk.
21. You didn't have IHOPS or wafflehouses
22. You know what a still mill is
23 You cheer for the stillers
24 You expect temps in the winter to be record breaking cold and temps in the summer to record breaking hot.
25. You go dahntahn to da strip district and take your wife with you. Be sure to get a Permanee's sammich while yins are der hangin out an ‘nat.
26. You know where Picksburgh is
27 You can find Zillionopal of a map
28 You go food shoppin at Jine Iggle
29 You don't have a spring break in high school
30 You beleive that "Ize" is the abreviation for " I was"
31 You know some one from "Sliberty , Esliberty or Wesliberty.
32. You've played witha dekkacards
33 You know the picksburgh zoo is in "Hilinpark" and have been there for school field trips.
34 You say "Mc Connells Mills" although you know that there is only one mill there
35 You what is meant by "the POINT"
36 You love Pensivanya
37 Chipped ham was always in your fridge when you were growing up
38 If you've ever been "ascared" because that "nebby" old lady across the street saw you do something bad and you know she will " tell on you"
39. No matter how hard you try you can't stop talking Picksburghese.
40 You are reading this and will forward it to family and friends who used to live in "da-burgh"