Submitted by J, L, CR & TJ Morrison
Things I've learned from being born and reared in the tar heel state.
Opossums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air.
There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 live in North Carolina.
There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 live in North Carolina, plus a couple no one's seen before.
Unknown critters love to dig holes under tomato plants.
If it grows, it sticks; if it crawls; it bites.
A tractor is NOT an all-terrain vehicle. They do get stuck.
Onced and Twiced are words.
It is not a shopping cart, it is a buggy.
People actually grow and eat okra.
Fixinto is one word.
There is no such thing as "lunch". There's only dinner and then there's supper.
Sweet Tea is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it when you're 2.
Backwards and forwards means I know everything about you.
More about North Carolinians...
1. You measure distance in minutes.
2. You've had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
3. You know what a 'tar heel' is.
4. You see a car running in the parking lot at the store with no one in it, no matter what time of the year.
5. You use "fix" as a verb. Example: I am fixing to go to the store.
6. All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect or animal.
7. You carry jumper cables in your car... for your OWN car.
8. You know what "cow tipping" is.
9. You only own four spices: salt, pepper, Texas Pete and catchup.
10.The local papers cover national and international news on one page but requires 6 pages for local gossip and sports.
11. You think that the first day deer season is a national holiday.
12. You find 100 degrees Fahrenheit "a little warm"
13.You know all four seasons: Almost summer, summer, still summer, and Christmas.
14. You know whether another North Carolinian is from east, west, or middle North Carolina as soon as they open their mouth or by the barbecue they eat.
15. Going to Wal-mart is a favorite past time known as "going wal-martin" or off to"Wally World"
16. A carbonated soft drink isn't a soda, cola, or pop...it's a Coke, regardless of brand or flavor, Example: "What kinda coke you want?"
17. Fried Catfish is the other white meat.
18. You understand these jokes and forward them to your friends from NC and those who just wish they were.